First constructed in 1905, this 6,000 square foot fieldstone and clay tile roof library was doubled in size to 12,000 square feet. The program included providing for a single circulation desk at grade level, expanded Adult and Children’s Services, AV and New Book marketing together with provisions for current and future technology throughout. The building addition’s exterior was designed to match the existing library in material and detail, while the interior was restored to its turn of the century Arts and Crafts heritage. The result is a library that subtly integrates the requirements of a state of the art facility while retaining its historic charm. This makes the Clyde Library the centerpiece of the community.
HBM ￨ Design Architect, Architect of Record, Interior Designer