1382 West Ninth Street, Suite 300
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

216.241.1100

© 2019 HBM Architects, LLC

FOLLETT HOUSE MUSEUM

OPERATED BY THE SANDUSKY LIBRARY

The Oran Follett House, built in 1837, is a classic Greek Revival limestone structure located in Sandusky, Ohio. The firm of Follett, Foster & Co. published the Lincoln - Douglas debates and helped make Lincoln a nationally known figure. The building is now owned and operated by the Sandusky Library and serves as an important historical museum.

Since 1980 we have assisted with exterior preservation, interior modifications, environmental control, displays and other improvements. 

As a component of the renovation and expansion of the Sandusky Library, cataloged materials were moved to a full capability Archival Research Center and the museum space has been restored to a historically accurate period residence. 

The most recent renovation occurred in the spring of 2006 when HBM advised the Owner on proper period fixtures and finishes to restore an area of the building back to an era when it was originally used as a Parlor by Ms. Follett.

HBM │ Design Architect, Architect of Record, Interior Designer