Gilmour Academy – Athletic Fields
Gates Mills, Ohio
A new athletic field for the growing needs of Gilmour Academy and its outdoor athletics programs
As campus architects since 1982, HBM Architects has assisted with numerous improvements to the schools athletic fields and football stadium.
- Structural upgrades to the press box and planning for expansion of the press box
- 1994 - New synthetic running track
- 1994 – Track and field drainage improvements
- 1994 – Rebuilt the football field (re-crowned) and added drainage.
- Development of soccer, baseball, softball and lacrosse fields.
- Mater planning for all athletic fields on campus
In 2004, to meet ever-growing usage, the Academy has replaced the football fields’ natural turf with a new synthetic turf system. HBM Architects assisted the Academy by retaining a field consultant and conducting drainage tests. This project has proven to be both cost effective in the long-term and safer for our student-athletes in the short-term.
HBM ￨ Design Architect, Architect of Record Interior Designer